We have a long tradition at MCLR Financial Center of integrity and service. Our clients trust us as professionals to respect and protect the confidentiality of the information we receive from them. This privacy statement describes our policy, which applies both to current and former clients, and is designed to comply with the privacy provisions in Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
We collect and maintain significant amounts of non-public personal information about our clients in connection with the preparation of tax returns, financial statements, and other services we offer. This information may be collected from a variety of sources including:
- Information we receive from you on applications, tax preparation organizers, worksheets, Federal and State tax reporting forms, and from other documents we use in tax preparation or other financial and related services.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others, and
- Information we may receive from outside agencies such as banks and brokerage houses.
We take appropriate steps to safeguard your confidential information.
- Access to all nonpublic personal information about you is limited to members of our firm who need to know that information to provide services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
We may share information with nonaffiliated third parties who are acting on our behalf, as required by law, or as authorized by you. These third parties may include:
- Service providers who provide support services to help us perform services you request, such as transmittal of electronically-filed tax returns. Please be assured that these companies are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them, and are restricted from using this information for any reason beyond the performance of specified services on our behalf.
- Other parties as permitted or required by law, such as government agencies in response to subpoenas, consumer reporting agencies, or those with whom you have authorized us to share information.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy statement, please do not hesitate to contact our office.