• Friendly, family type atmosphere
• Directly impact the success of the firm by directly helping your clients
• Highly varied work, exposure to many industries
• Hands on involvement in clients books from start to finish
• Tired of red tape? Agile thinking required
• Flexible career track - develop your career ladder based on your aspirations and life situation
• Be key team player
• Input into Firm processes & see your ideas implemented
A few advantages of working at Leigh Van Gilst CPA & Associates, a well-established local firm.
Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Creating and reviewing financial statements
• Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
• Reconciling account balances and bank statements
• Maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures
• Advising clients on loan compliance with financial institutions
• Compiling and processing payrollRecording and managing inventory records
• Supporting month-end and year end close processes
• Performing insurance audits
• Answering client questions & making recommendations for improved efficiency
• Reviewing work of bookkeeping staff and mentoring staff
• Ensuring compliance with GAAP principles
• Partnering with Manager of Operations/Accountant to improve procedures
• Performing detailed and accurate work in compliance with internal processes
• Perform your work with the utmost integrity in compliance with the AICPA Code of Ethics and IRS Circular 230
• Performing other tasks as assigned by management
The successful candidate may assist with income tax preparation during tax season using our in-house tax software.
• 2 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5 - 10 years experience, preferably multi-industry experience
• Expert knowledge and experience of generally accepted accounting principles
• Excellent knowledge and experience utilizing QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• General knowledge of income taxes preferred
• Ability to work with multiple deadline, fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to maintain confidentialityAbility to build client relationships
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
• Strong analytical, problem solving and follow up skillsMaintain a current insurable driver’s license
Leigh Van Gilst CPA & Associates, LLC is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Valencia, Socorro and Bernalillo counties in New Mexico. We are dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of accounting, tax and business needs.
Each team member should reflect the values of our company: Intelligence, character, integrity, togetherness, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.
If you meet the minimum requirements, please submit your resume to this posting. Do not contact the Firm directly. No third party recruiters or agency contacts please.
General Contact Info:
Leigh Van Gilst, CPA & Associates, LLC
- 121 A Don Diego S.E.
- Los Lunas, NM 87031
- Telephone: (505) 865-1040
- Fax: (505) 866-9228